ER Assignment #2 : I think, I don't think...

 


Opinion oh opinion, I think it's normal that sometimes we have a different opinion with the others, cause we have different viewpoints about that. So, today I have an online discussion with my lecture, Mr.Daniel, and I got some statements about reading. Here are eight statements about reading and I'll make my opinion about it.

  1. Reading in my first language is fun. 
  2. Reading English is difficult. 
  3. I should usually look up new words in my dictionary.
  4. Reading English is boring. 
  5. It is easier to read about sports than science. 
  6. If I read very fast, it is hard to understand the meaning. 
  7. Reading out loud is a good idea. 
  8. Reading English is fun.

I agree with the first statement "Reading in my first language is fun", cause I think when we read something that using our first language "Bahasa Indonesia" it will be understood easily about what's the author wants to deliver to us. And we don't have to search the meaning of each word cause we have familiar with that.

Then the next statement "Reading English is difficult", I agree with that cause sometimes when I read English book/article/story I have to search the meaning of that difficult/unfamiliar words using an app or my dictionary, so it refers to the third statement too "I should usually look up new words in my dictionary". And sometimes because I don't know the meaning of the word, I can't draw the conclusion of that English book/article/story.

"Reading English is boring", hmm I don't think so because when we like the topic or there is a duty to read English it won't be boring cause we have to do that. Besides that, when we are used to reading English it will make us addicted and make it a challenge for us. Then refers to the fifth statement"It's easier to read sport than science", I agree with that cause I think science is very complicated and I don't like science, so I took the social class when senior high school. 


Next, "If I read very fast, it is hard to understand the meaning" it's true because I like to read slowly and imagine the content of the book/article/story. So when I read it faster I won't be able to conclude the meaning. Then, I don't think that "Reading out loud is a good idea" because actually, I like reading quietly so I can focus on the content. 

Last, "Reading English is fun" I think so because I can learn new vocabulary and improve my knowledge about something that I feel unfamiliar. So, let's reads together and make a challenging journey by reading English !!!




Comments