Mother Nature’s Plea: A Poem of Betrayal and Warning


Mother Nature’s Plea: A Poem of Betrayal and Warning 

By Yohanna Putri Amanda


Why do you harm me, my child?

I provide you with all I have build

Like a mother to her son,

Yet you repay me with chemicals and poisons


Why do you steal from me, my child?

You act like a greedy thief who doesn’t has a guilt

Destroying habitats and homes of countless creatures

But forget about your everyone futures


Oh dear child of mine

It feels like you are slowly killing me

And you're the one wielding the knife.

You are so naive


So don't be surprised, my child

If my scream brings storms that raging wild

If my tears become floods that ravage your lands

If today I'm nurturing,

Tomorrow would’ve ended up hurting


But be well, my dear child,

For I am the Mother Nature,

I am standing by your side,

Not against you or your future.




Comments